X-Spect Medical Physics Services - Waterford, Ireland
Medical Physics, radiation safety
- To act as RPA for the practice/facility as required under RPII licence conditions.
- Testing/Commissioning of licensed x-ray equipment.
- Performance of Risk/Shielding Assessments as required by the RPII.
- Drafting, or advice on updating, of Radiation Safety Procedures.
- Advice on suitability of premises or proposed equipment prior to licensing.
- Advice on patient and staff dosimetry and dose optimisation.
- To act as appointed Medical Physicist where required under the European Communities Medical Ionising Radiation Protection Regulations (S.I. No. 478 of 2002).
- Provision of general advice on licensing, compliance with national and European radiation safety legislation, and any other radiation safety regulations which may be introduced by the Department of Health & Children, the Medical or Dental Councils, or the Health Service Executive.
, radiation safety