Children's Dental Care at Woodstown Dental Centre Knocklyon
Woodstown Dental Centre
dental care, dental centre
Generally dental care is required from the age of 4 onwards. This will allow the dentist to assess your childs teeth and ensure that oral hygiene is adequate, by bringing your child along at such an early age it gives them a chance to become familiar with the dentist. Dr Enright operates in a child friendly manner, explanations of treatments will be carried out in easily understood terms. Dr Enright will tailor the advice required to your childs needs.
- We recommend that babies teeth and gums are cleaned after feeds using water only with a soft brush or washcloth.
- Children between one and two years of age use a soft toothbrush or clean washcloth only with water twice a day.
- After the age of two, a fluoride toothpaste is recommended, but limiting the amount to a small pea sized amount on a soft brush.
- Children must brush twice a daily (morning and just prior to bed time)and adults should ensure that the paste is spat out after each brushing session so that none is swallowed.
Prevention and care..
- Chidren should not eat sugary snacks and limit eating sugary food to meal times.
- Certainly, children should not eat sugary food before bed time.
- Children must also be careful on their intake of acidic drinks as these are a major source of erosion to teeth.
- By visiting the dentist, any problems with tooth decay or tooth erosion can be spotted early and therefore treated early.
, dental centre
Contact Woodstown Dental Centre
Email - none provided
Print this page