In order to optimise the performance of a generation facility, GE’s gas engines can be remotely linked to centralised monitoring stations.
Designated service engineers can be automatically notified about unscheduled generator stops such as engine trips via text message or e-mail.
- Ability to monitor engine performance from different location
- Optimised engine availability
- Reduced site manpower requirements
- Diagnosis of problems
It is possible to monitor a variety of different engine performance parameters including:
- Whether an engine is running
- Availability (hours ran)
- Electrical output (kW, kWh)
- Gas quality when linked to gas detectors (CH4, O2, H2S)
It is also possible to provide trends in historical engine performance data.