Ajk Software Services
The Estimating module allows a Bill of Quantities to be simply and quickly prepared in a variety of ways and printed as a set of professional documents, making this an invaluable tool for Builders, Estimators, Sub-contractors and Architects.
Functions available include:
- On-screen display of the Bill of Quantities, including fonts and page-breaks that will be as printed.
- Elements within the Bill may be created manually, copied from another Job or imported from a Standard Pricing Library.
- Standard Contract jobs may be broken down into individual sections and items added to each.
The House Builder version:
.. enables housing schemes to be broken down into bills byHouse Types which may be quantified and linked to Plots or Phases for rapid WIP valuation by measured quantity or simple tick sheet. Separate bills can be recorded and allocated for Preliminaries and Site Works
external to houses.
- Items may be added, copied, changed or deleted anywhere within the Estimate.
- Items may be rapidly located and displayed as a single list. Such grouping includes un-priced Items, Items containing selected resources, Items over a selected value etc.
- Dimensions take-off may be used to record measurements, including the use of a digitiser to take measurements directly from drawings.
- Rates may be directly entered or built up from Labour, Plant, Materials and Subcontract resources.
- Rate build-ups may have waste factors applied, which reflect a true quantity.
- Waste factors can be set at individual Item level or globally across all Items.
- Activities may be created and used. These elements contain quantified build-ups of resources and other activities (to any depth). Analyses of the Resources split these activities into their component Labour, Plant, Materials and Subcontract elements.
- Resource prices may be adjusted globally, with the Bill Rates being automatically updated.
- Full analysis of Labour, Plant, Materials and Subcontract resources, giving total quantities, rate and value for each resource by Estimate and for individual Sections.
- Resources schedules may be printed without rates, to form the basis of an enquiry to suppliers or sub-contractors.
- Profits may be adjusted across Labour, Plant, Materials or Subcontract elements, across individual/groups of Items or across the whole job, in any combination
- All analyses including Rate Analysis and Dimensions may be printed.
- Professional quality Bill of Quantities printed, with or without rates, profit, VAT or converted to another currency.
- The Job may be printed with selected Resources rates, allowing Labour-only, Labour + Plant etc Bills.
- All reports may be sent to a CSV format file for use in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel.
- Estimates may be exported to industry standard C.I.T.E format files for transfer to other Estimating packages.
A Video Presentation on Esti-mate is available from the Downloads screen .. why not try it!
Other modules available within the Esti-mate Version 5range of software are Subcontractors Enquiry, Materials Enquiry & Supplier Mgt, Valuations, Bill Import, Surfacing Calculator and Library Maintenance.