Added on: 2008-04-18 13:54:48
BESRaC are committed to building an integrated research and consultancy capability.
The synergy between industry and research is critical to ensure industry application is informed by cutting edge research and visa versa that academic, commercial or public good research is directed and responding to industry or society needs.
BESRaC are currently engaged in short and long term research projects both commercial and funded. Commercial research is essential to bridge the knowledge gap and to ensure commercial organisations develop their products and services toward sustainable goals and to meet changes driven by a greening market and expanding environmental legislation.
Our commitment to research provides BESRaC with leading knowledge and skill set and strengthens our ability and capacity in to apply same in project consultancy work.
The BESRaC team bring two key strengths into their consultancy work, i) they have significant built environmental design and engineering experience and ii) they are engaged in cutting edge academic and industry research work which provides increased capability in consultancy application of knowledge to built environment projects.
BESRaC Services include:
- Part L Compliance Assessment
- BER Building Energy Rating (Cost Effective Advanced A Rated Solutions)
- Linear Thermal Bridging Analysis, Modelling and Calculation
- Optimal Thermal Envelope Construction Solutions
- Air-Permeability design, advise and Pressure Testing
- Construction and Systems Product Analysis and Assessment
- PHPP Passive Design and Certification
- Zero Carbon and Zero Energy Building
- AES, SES, RET Feasability Studies
- Environmental and Carbon Assessment
- Dynamic Thermal Simulation
- Daylight Analysis and Modelling
- Building Performance Monitoring
BESRaC clients include:
- Building Designers
- Manufacturers / Suppliers
- Construction Firms / Developers
- Educators / Academic Institutions
- Local Authorities
- Representative bodies
- Policy makers.