The WEEE Register Society Category Listings outline the 10 categories covered by the First Schedule of the Waste Management (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations 2005.
FIRST SCHEDULE : CATEGORIES OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
1. Large household appliances
2. Small household appliances
3. IT and telecommunications equipment
4. Consumer equipment
5. Lighting equipment
6. Electrical and electronic tools (with the exception of large-scale stationary industrial tools)
7. Toys, leisure and sports equipment
8. Medical devices (with the exception of all implanted and infected products)
9. Monitoring and control instruments
10. Automatic dispensers
The WEEE Register Society Category Listings 5.0 includes a breakdown of all EEE into categories and subcategories to be taken into account for the purpose of these regulations as set out in the EU Directive.
The right hand side listings are intended to provide further category descriptions to aid producers with classification and data submission.
The relevant vEMC (visible Environmental Management Cost) is shown per subcategory.
It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list.
This WEEE Register Society Category List is subject to revision.