Reverse Osmosis - WaterTeck water treatment specialists, water purification Ireland, waste water treatment
Reverse osmosis drinking water system is used most commonly to purify water. It does this by removing salts and other impurities to result in improved colours, better taste, and improved properties of the water. It can also be used to purify other fluids such as: glycol and ethanol.
Reverse osmosis uses a semi permeable membrane. The semi permeable membrane (Pict. 3) allows the fluid that is being purified to pass through the membrane. As it does this, it rejects the contaminants that remain. It utilises a technology known as cross flow. Cross flow allows the membrane to continually clean itself off. As fluid passes through the membrane, some of it continues downstream. This causes the rejected and unwanted particles to be pushed away from the membrane.
Reverse osmosis requires a strong driving force to push the fluid through the membrane.
Reverse osmosis successfully treats water with dissolved minerals and metals such as aluminium, arsenic, barium, cadmium, chloride, chromium, copper, fluoride, magnesium, iron, lead, manganese, mercury, nitrate, selenium, silver, sulphate, and zinc. RO is also effective with asbestos, many taste, colour and odour-producing chemicals, particulates, total dissolved solids, turbidity, and radium. When using appropriate activated carbon pre-filtering (commonly included with most RO systems), additional treatment can also be provided for such “volatile” contaminants (VOCs) as benzene, MTBE, trichloroethylene, trihalomethanes, and radon. Essentially, reverse osmosis is capable of rejecting bacteria, salts, sugars, proteins, particles, dyes, heavy metals and chlorine.
WATER FILTER CARTRIDGES (Pict. 2)
1. (Stage 1) 5-Micron Sediment water Filter: With only five-micron rating. It is effective in removing dirt, rust and sand particles.
2. (Stage 2) Granular Activated Carbon water Filter: It takes out 99% of the chlorine and organic chemicals. It provides enhanced reduction of taste, odour, and colour.
3. (Stage 3) 1-Micron Sediment water Filter: With only 1 micron rating, provides effective filtration to protect your membrane.
4. (Stage 4) Reverse Osmosis Membrane: A thin film composite (TFC) high quality membrane. It removes the following hard water contaminants that may be present in your water: lead, cooper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, and selenium.
5. (Stage 5) Post Carbon water filter: This carbon post filter removes objectionable tastes and odours to enhance the quality of your drinking water. We are using NSF approved post carbon to guarantee the taste of water.
6.Easily connects to faucet with diverter valve