How much water are we using daily?:
When you take a bath you use: 80 litres;
When you use the toilet you use: 9 litres;
When you wash your hands you use: 2 litres;
When you fill the sink you use: 4 litres;
When you brush your teeth you use: 1 litre;
When you fill the kettle you use: 1 litre;
When you take a shower you use: 35 litres;
When you use the dishwasher you use: 50 litres;
When you use the washing machine you use: 95 litres;
* Water- related projects and polices are fundamental to building healthy sustainable communites.
* 1 in every 6 people in the world lack access to safe drinking water.
* 2 million people mostly children die each year from waterborne diseases.
* Water alone can keep us alive for more than a month.
* Average daily water consumption in Ireland pre is 148 litres per person.
* Two-thirds of people in the world have less than 50 litres of water a day for all their needs.
* Many women and girls in Africa spend 4 hours per day collecting water.
* 150 gallons of water are used in the growing/prodution of a loaf of bread.
* At least 250 gallons of water are needed to produce one ream of paper.
* It takes approximately 39,000 gallons of water to manufacture one car.
* A single toilet flush is more than most people in developing counties use for drinking washing and cooking in one day.
* You waste approximately 240 litres of water if you leave the tap on for an hour.