Improve customer experience, benchmark your site for clarity
The VisibleThread Web Index Report provides a clarity benchmark for your web site
VisibleThread Web Indexes help:
- Highlight clear writing on your web site
- Benchmark your web site against industry peers
- Promote transparent web communications
See how US Gov sites rank for Plain Writing. Download the report.
Read this data sheet to see how your agency can benefit.
If you are an executive concerned with customer satisfaction and transparency, the VisibleThread Index shows you how you rate against your peers. It provides tailored, actionable recommendations to improve transparency of your site content. The result is customers who can complete more tasks online, better usability and higher conversion rates.
Our standard report compares your site against 10 other sites. You select the sites to rate, we’ll give you a full detailed report showing where you rank in terms of clear and transparent content. You will also receive detailed breakdown of areas requiring improvement.
What’s in the report?
Benchmark Index against peers
We scan your site and compare it with 10 other sites of your choosing. We rank all sites and position you in an index.
We rank web sites on four criteria:
- Readability – How readable is the content?
- Passive Language – active language communicates clearly. What percent of sentences are passive?
- Long Sentences – what percent of all sentences are considered too long?
- Word Complexity Density – complex words make Web pages hard to understand.
Collectively, these metrics tell us how clear or complex your website content is.
Specific actions and recommendations
Based on our analysis, we outline the top 5 key actions that will drive transparency.
We detail specific areas of the site that are complex. We give clear guidance on which areas of your site are hardest to understand.
For yearly subscription customers, we will track your site against peer sites on a periodic basis, providing trend analysis and update reports.