The Design Department of Van Elle comprises of highly qualified Engineers with several years of experience in geotechnical and structural designs for deep foundations, deep excavation support systems and retaining walls, ground anchorage and soil nailing, ground improvement, as well as site supervision of deep foundation construction.
Equipped with state-of-the-art geotechnical and structural engineering design software packages, the department offers innovative and progressive designs, which result in highly competitive and practical solutions for our clients. Members of the department have been involved in the development and application of novel restraint systems for deep basement structures, as alternatives to conventional methods for both temporary and permanent works. One of these novel methods was recently nominated for an industry award. The department is also actively involved in the publication of technical papers for industry journals and international conferences.
The design department supports all divisions and regional offices of Van Elle with high quality designs and advice in the following areas:
- Pile Foundations.
- Deep Excavation Supports/Earth Retention Systems (Contiguous Pile Walls, Secant Pile Walls, King Post Walls, etc.).
- Wall Instrumentation and Monitoring Schemes.
- Ground Anchorage (Tie-Back Anchors, Anti-Uplift Anchors, etc.).
- Soil Nailing.
- Ground Stabilisation Schemes.
- Deep Soil Mixing.
- Prediction of Ground/Structural Movements due to Excavation.
- Prediction of Vibrations due to Piling Works.