Capita Consulting -
Operational Transformation is about increasing customer value in tandem with reducing cost and improving productivity. Capita Consultants have unique experience of transforming operations and driving operational excellence helping our clients to do the right things as well as do things right. We adopt a range of tools, techniques, approaches and methodologies in a way that reflects the unique nature of the context and challenges facing our individual clients.
We can work with you to deliver results through:
- Introducing best practice operational performance management to give you increased control and visibility of your operations
- Lean systems thinking, business process reengineering or customer-focussed activity based management techniques to engage the voice of the customer and eliminate waste from processes and services
- Providing business analysts to specify requirements for technology-enabled change
Undertaking service reviews, opportunity assessments and preparation of business cases for change
- Underpinning this with effective financial modelling and benefits tracking to provide visibility of the bottom line business impact.
We provide end to end support throughout the project lifecycle - working with our clients to understand what they need to change to become excellent, and then helping them to do it.
Benefits of our work include:
- Through adopting lean, a Council’s Home Owner team learnt to refocus on the customer and are now creating much better outcomes – for Leaseholders, Tenants, the HRA - generating £2.1m in-year benefits, and £2.2m ongoing annual benefits.
- A national security vetting provider has now experienced an eleven fold increase in case officer productivity and reduced lead time on processing highest clearance level by almost 40% following our work to restructure the unit, introduce operational performance management, and a culture of continuous improvement.
- From requirements gathering to business change implementation, our business analysts have played a major role in an Excellence in Information Management project that has transformed how records and documents are shared across a large council, delivering more than £50m of cashable benefits from an investment of £25m in a 10 year programme.
- In a very challenging, time bound project for a recruitment customer, a Capita Consulting analyst team successfully transformed the operation of a service that dealt with 10’s of applications a week, to one that recruited 25,000 in a 6 week period, integrating it for the first time with training and payroll services and delivering process, people, information and organisational change.
- Through application of our ground-breaking ‘Breaking the Cycle’ methodology, significant cost avoidance and savings opportunities have been identified alongside improvements in services for vulnerable families. Changes being introduced include strategic and family focused commissioning, the introduction of a single point of contact or ‘family buddy’ for a targeted number of families and earlier preventative measures in identifying and working with ‘pre vulnerable’ families. Over the period 2011-2019 the total cumulative cost avoidance is estimated at around £50million.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011