The new Scope-Store range of cabinets from LTE Scientific has been developed after detailed consultation with clinical professionals to provide a variety of endoscope storage solutions. Uniquely, the Scope-Store range is available in both vertical hanging and shelf loaded variants and can be supplied with fully automatic or manual controls.
There are three main Scope-Store models to suit individual needs. There are 2 vertically hanging models models allowing up to 10 endoscopes to be stored. There is also a model fitted with 8 shelves for the storage of coiled endoscopes. The shelf-loaded model is unique in that the shelves pivot outwards , making loading/unloading of the scopes extremely easy.
Designed to meet and exceed the specific requirements of HTM guidelines, Scope-Store + provides enhanced control and traceability, with validation data allowing endoscopes to be stored for up to 72 hours.
•Double Filtration System
•Bar-code option available
•Fully validated for 72hr storage
Double Filtration System – The endoscope channels are regularly purged with 0.2µ sterile air, whilst the exterior surfaces of the endoscope receive a continual feed of HEPA filtered air which constantly flushes the interior of the cabinet and maintains it under positive pressure. These conditions inhibit the growth of such micro-organisms as Pseudomonas sp. and Acineterbacter sp., so that endoscopes can be stored for up to 72 hours. The internal fan and compressor are included, thus removing the need to connect to site air supplies. As a further protection against cross-contamination, the Scope-Store + cabinet is finished with LTE’s ‘Sterling’ Antibacterial epoxy powder coating both inside and outside. Touchscreen Controls
– The Scope-Store + has an easy-to-use touchscreen control system. The menu-based interface allows details of each user and endoscope to be recorded easily, with relevant data being clearly displayed. Scope Identification
– The identity of the scope and its location in the cabinet must be recorded on the touchscreen before purging can begin. When the endoscope is removed, the scope is logged out via the touchscreen. This procedure allows the endoscope to be fully traceable. Alternatively endoscopes can be scanned in and out of the cabinet using our barcode reader option. Security, Monitoring and Traceability
– Controlled access is one of the many features of the Scope-Store +. A door interlock prevents anyone without a relevant PIN from gaining access to the cabinet. Each entry and exit of the endoscope is recorded and attributed to the relevant user. The elapsed storage time of each endoscope is constantly displayed as a simple bar graph on the touchscreen. As each endoscope approaches its maximum storage period the relevant bar graph will change colour, thus alerting staff to the condition. After 72 hours the bar graph turns red and the cabinet will highlight an alarm. The airflow through each scope is constantly monitored. The monitoring system provides the clinician with a full picture of each endoscope’s storage cycle. All data is recorded on a printer as standard and, optionally, can be stored on an internal archive or external PC via an independent monitoring system. Cost Effective
– Endoscopes stored in the open normally have to be re-processed after only 3 hours (BSG guidelines). Thus the ability to store endoscopes for up to 72 hours in the Scope-Store + will greatly improve efficiency and reduce reprocessing costs. Independently Tested
– Scope-Store+ has undergone extensive independent operational and microbial tests to ensure that it meets the operational and safety requirements of the modern endoscopy department. Test results are available on request.