This is a multi sensorial way of activating potential for communication in the older person. This is done through song, music, passive exercises, massage, listening to poetry and joining in proverbs.
Exercise sessions, both group and individual, incorporating strength training, flexibility, balance training and specific falls prevention exercise modules.
Mission Effectiveness Programme
Responsible for the initiation and co-ordination of Mission activities within the Religious Sisters of Charity Health Services. All our staff are encouraged to complete the Mission Effectiveness Programme enhancing the importance of adhering to the Religious Sisters of Charity ethos.
Reflexology, massage, aromatherapy and reminiscence therapy and snoezelen room.
As part of our Service development we encourage and support ongoing training and development for all our staff.
We provide supervised student placements from various disciplines i.e. Nursing, Gerontology, Social Care, Fetac.
- Daily Mass (Clergy of all denominations can be contacted for residents upon request)
- Wheelchair assessable Garden
- Hairdressing Service
- Daily newspaper Service
- Weekly entertainment and regular outings
- In house activities: massage, bingo, movies, gardening, arts & crafts, beauty therapy, reminiscence therapy and music
- We also provide dementia based exercised programmes