A new and extremely compact live GPS/GPRS tracker for both the domestic and professional surveillance market. This simple, light, low cost, but effective unit makes short-term live tracking more accessible and affordable. Battery life is 80hrs on standby! Keep track of the more important things in life!
Do you wish to find out where your loved ones are and where they are really going?
Do you want to track an asset or even your luggage?
Do you want to ensure the safety of your child by tracking their location? Tracking is easy
. First it is advisable to download Google Maps onto your mobile phone. Then simply dial the number of the Sim card within the unit and within about ten seconds, you will receive a set of coordinates by text to your mobile phone. Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Maps and you will then see a 'real time' location of your tracking unit. Alternatively, enter the coordinates into Google maps on your PC to see the location.
If you so wish, you will be able to utilise the coordinates given to find the location on Google Earth
There are no subscription charges as the unit will operate with a pay-as-you-go Sim card, so the only costs associated will be for SMS and WAP connection when a request for location is made and actioned upon. The internal battery will last up to 2 days dependant upon numerous variables including frequency of location requests.
The unit comes complete with TWO rechargeable batteries and a dedicated charging unit, so unlike similar trackers on the market you do not need to remove the tracker for charging purposes. Perfect for static and security applications as there is no usage down-time,
In all of the above scenarios this stand-alone unit (measuring only 65mm x 45mm x 18mm) can be discreetly placed in a suitcase, handbag, in the false bottom of a child's bag or within an item/asset of your choice.
- Product Description: Mini Global GPS Tracker
- GPS Chip: SIRF III chip
- Network: GSM / GPRS
- GSM Frequency: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- GSM/GPRS Module: Simcom Sim340
- GPS Sensitivity: -159 dBM
- GPS Accuracy: 5 M
- Time to First Fix:
-Cold status: 45s
-Warm status: 35s
-Hot status: 1s
- Battery: Rechargeable 3.7 V 1000 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Battery life: 80 Hours standby
- Working Temperature: -20 to 55
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Altitude Limit: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) max
- Velocity Limit: 515 meters/second (1000 knots) max
- Acceleration Limit: Less than 4g
- Dimension: 65 (L) x 45 (W) x 18 (H) mm
- Weight: 50 g
- Compact, easy to carry, and comes with a magnetic battery cover to attach to any steel object
- Can send GPS information by SMS on demand or periodically within a time frame
- The unit has a built-in mic and can be used as a "silent listener" without letting the carrier know that his/her conversation or activities are been listened.
- Comes with detailed instructions on how to work with GPRS enabled SIM and setup internet monitoring(fixed IP only), so constant tracking information can be displayed on a detailed map
Package Contents for Model G203
- Mini Global GPS Tracker
- Battery Charger
- Power Adaptor
- 2 x Batteries
- Battery Cover with Magnet
- Plastic Holder Bag
- Software CD
- English Manual
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make sense of the longitude and latitude data this unit provides?
Both Google Maps and Google Earth can easily translate the data into usable visual information.
- How long does it take to recharge the battery for this unit?
First use requires 8 - 12 hours charging time, while subsequent usage only needs 3-5 hours of recharging time.
- The unit does not pick up a GSM signal and the SMS functions aren't working, what's wrong?
A number of things could cause this to happen:
1) Make sure the SIM card is compatible (only 2G, 2.5G, 2.75G SIM cards work)
2) Make sure there is money left on the SIM card and that it has not expired
3) Make sure there is no PIN code associated with the SIM card
4) Make sure roaming is enabled on your SIM account if you are in a different country
- Can I install the software on multiple computers?
No. Each tracker’s IMEI number is unique and can only be used to setup the software on one computer once and ONLY ONCE, which means you can only use the software on that computer exclusively after successfully set it up. This is due to the security requirements of the software and the product.
Please note: The Micro Asset/ Tracker should never be used to replace parental supervision
Prod. code: AA-00168