What is Guidance?
Guidance can help you to think about your life, to look at your interests, skills, talents and life circumstances and to
make personal, education, training and career choices which will fulfil you and give you control of your individual
What is this service?
The Adult Education Information and Guidance Service (AEIGS) is a free, local and confidential service offering
adult education information, one-to-one guidance, meetings and group guidance workshops to supports adults to
make informed educational, career and life choices.
Who is the service for?
The service is for adults (over 16 years) who are living in the Southill area:
- Not in full-time education and who are considering second-chance learning opportunities and want support to
look at which education options best suit their needs.
- Adults participating in community-based education programmes locally and who would benefit from guidance
to support them through and to move on from these programmes.
How is the service of help to people?
The service can support you if you want to:
- Going back to learning
- Find out about the range of learning options open to you
- Decise on the best learning options for you
- Decide how best to continue on your learning from your class or course in the future
How to contact the service:
| || || |
You can contact Lorraine O'Donoghue, South City Adult Educational Guidance Counsellor
for the service in the following ways:
Telephone or text (087) 9377277 or (061) 445733.
The service is available on the ground floor of Southill House on Tuesday mornings
from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. or at another time that suits you.
Other venues for meeting are also available.
Further information on:
You can also use the education and careers question box available outside reception.
Just fill in the question card and put it in the question box. You will be contacted about your query within a week.