The Shimmer Platinum Development Kit provides developers with a comprehensive tool set to support rapid design, prototyping and implementation of wireless solutions based on the state of the art Shimmer platform. The kit provides complete development environment for Bluetooth, IEEE 802.15.4, or local storage in body worn applications.
The Platinum Development Kit includes a full range of sensing modules to support the development of Biophysical, Kinematic (IMU), or Ambient sensing applications. Shimmer provides a highly configurable and extensible platform, and enables the user to capture and transmit raw data specific to their application requirements.
Supported by a range of development software tools and applications including LabVIEW and C# applications this ensures simplicity in the creation of wearable wireless solutions.
Based on programmable Shimmer unit with versatile range of uses:
- Sensing modules include â Accelerometer, Gyro, Magnetometer, ECG, EMG, GSR, GPS, Temperature and Barometric Pressure
- Highly configurable, multi-functional sensing platform for wireless sensor network /ad-hoc wireless network
- Integrated Bluetooth and 802.15.4 radios for wireless communications, peer-to-peer contact, and mesh networking
- Local storage via 2GB microSD card for data logging applications
Features and Benefits
The kit supplies researchers and developers with the necessary supports to realise market ready wireless solutions:
- Can be programmed to meet your specific application, with configurable sensitivity, sampling rate, transmission rate and frequency, communication protocols, and packet formats
No Proprietary Software
- Shimmer platform easily integrates and interacts with existing systems and technologies
Supporting Application Development Tools
- Full access to all raw sensed data to interpret data specific to your application, product or service requirements
- Supporting developer applications including LabVIEW, ShimmerConnect, and a full range of TinyOS firmware
Shimmer is designed for wearable and remote sensing applications. The Shimmer unit is designed to be highly flexible and adaptable, easily integrating into existing systems and technologies. Shimmer is frequently used in activity monitoring, sport science, and intelligent building applications to name but a small few. Due to is flexibility, the Shimmer platform is generally application agnostic. Please see some of Shimmerâs current areaâs of use:
- Sports Science
- Athlete Development
- Remote Patient Monitoring
- Ambient Sensing Solutions
- Environmental Sensing Solutions
- Market Research and Biofeedback