Test Tips from Coyle Driving School
Coyle Driving school
Driving instructor, school of motoring, driver training
1) Ensure you have your learners permit or provisional licence and that it is in date.
2) Check that all tax, insurance and NCT are all up to date.
3) Park your car on level ground and once the engine is cold. check under the bonnet to see that your oil, coolant, clutch fluids, windscreen washer reserve, and steering fluid clutch fluids are at the recommended level. This is a good time to revise where these items are under your bonnet, as it is highly likely you will be asked about them in your test.
4) Check that your tyres front and back are not worn or bald.
5) Check that all seatbelts and windows are working correctly.
6) Get a friend to help you do a check to see that all your brake lights, indicator lights and headlights are working correctly, and have the correct colour installed.
, Driving instructor
, school of motoring