pTools System6 embraces the Cloud computing services model while maintaining the rich capabilities that customers have come to expect and guaranteeing integration with traditional network and on-premise implementations.
- Cloud Freedom - Achieve all the benefits of cloud delivery and scalability with all the security of pTools connectors for private networks.
- Self-Service Solution Manager -Design the CMS solution that fits your needs with the new innovative pTools CMS Solution Manager.
- Rich User Interface -See the new pTools rich media application user interface with enhanced usability and accessibility features.
- Powerful New Applications -Leverage the extended suite of pTools applications including Digital Asset Management, Forms Management, and Learning Content Management.
- Content in Context -Deliver and access the right content for your customers with pTools social networking and integration and personalisation.
- Business Control -Take informed decisions and make things happen quickly and efficiently online for your business without the need for up-front investment in technology.
- Mobile Ready -Provide content directly to your audience on mobile seamlessly and define new ways of engagement and interaction.
- Partner Friendly -Bring powerful enterprise level WCM capability to your development and sales teams and be first -to-market with new Cloud technologies.
PTOOLS™ System6 – FEATURES
- Cloud Connectivity – seamlessly connect to other Cloud application services and efficiencies for online initiatives.
- Advanced Workflow and Content Compliance - complete end-to-end workflow for content elements, providing content audit-trail and lifecycle.
- Rapid Deployment - deploy and develop sites with ease and efficiency. Include features from RSS feeds to Alerts.
- Microsoft SharePoint integration - .Net Framework enables both dynamic and decoupled site delivery through any browser of platform.
- Clean Code Accessibility Standard - separation of content and presentation delivers clean code which is Accessibility compliant to W3C WAI standards.
- pTools 'Content Element Model' - enables advanced enterprise WCM functionality for content assembly, personalisation and security.
- Content Security Marking - validation, non-repudiation and fulfilment of WCM tasks for content critical systems for financial services and security deployments.
- SEO Optimisation and Meta-tagging - pTools WCM creates user and search engine friendly URLs and meta-tagging.
- Multi-site Content Syndication - manage and reuse content on multiple sites from a single repository.
- WYSIWYG Editing Interface - simple, easy-to-use interface for non-technical staff. WCM interface also provides XML editing for technical team.
- Multi-Level Navigation - develop multi-level navigation for websites, internet and extranet with no specialised training or knowledge required.
- Multi-language Content Linking - mirror language content across the complete content lifecycle and audit trail.
- Template-Based Authoring - separate content and presentation layers allow content authors to apply templates in-line with approved corporate governed brands, themes and campaigns.
- Web Standards Compliance W3C WAI - create fully accessible websites which adhere to WAI, NDA, and international accessibility standards.
- WYSIWYG Form Creation - create online and downloadable forms with pTools WCM functionality in a single user interface.
- Content Reuse & Version Control - complete content life-cycle, workflow and version control, providing historical audit of content.
- Content Archiving - with content authoring and editing features and within the powerful pTools file and asset management features.
Why ‘System’ 6? System: because it pulls together a number of applications developed on pTools in recent years into one single infrastructure; because it includes a range of new capabilities that are Cloud ready; because the CMS Solution Manager brings a whole new way of exploring how you can use the software to build your solution. Six: because it’s the sixth version of pTools to be released.
Why Cloud? We’ve been exploring how pTools software works on Cloud since 2009 and we’ve been deploying to test and live environments for over a year. We believe that Cloud computing applications and services are the way forward for CMS and we’re one of the first to deliver an application for this new era.
What is pTools CMS Solution Manager? pTools CMS Solution Manager is a new way for IT professionals to design the solution they want as they need it. Right now you can select from a range of CMS components and see how a solution might look for your specific needs. But that is just the beginning.
What about Back-up, Disaster Recovery & Scalability? One of the most important attributes of Cloud applications is the ability to provide scalable and secure back-up and disaster recovery options without the burden of investment in infrastructure. A level of back-up, DR and scalability previously only available to major corporations is now available to every pTools customer.
What are the benefits of Cloud CMS? As more and more application services are delivered through the Cloud the benefits of having a web oriented application like CMS available also in the Cloud become overwhelming in terms of better integration with other web services; lower costs; faster deployment; superior support infrastructure; richer functionality; easier use.
Does it work with SharePoint? Yes. pTools is one of the few enterprise level CMS applications that lets you synchronise SharePoint documents with web content. You get all the flexibility of a powerful enterprise level CMS dedicated to web without any additional SharePoint overhead. Plus the ability to leverage existing investment in SharePoint infrastructure.
What is Provisioning? Provisioning is the ability to design, build and commission a comprehensive CMS solution, in-full, online. Customers select the CMS features and functionality they need; select the servers, database and operating system; define their preferred back-up and recovery solutions; manage technical and commercial relationships easily and comprehensively, online.
More about pTools System6: