ORMEC’s ServoWire Motion & Logic Controller (SMLC) is at the center of a complete machine control solution that can meet all of your motion, I/O and networking needs. This platform puts ORMEC's motion engine together with a high performance PLC capability and world class open standard software which allows you to focus on solving your application instead of integrating control components.
- High Performance Pentium processors
- Motion and PLC functions in one cost effective package
- Three Models 3, 8 and 16 axis models
- IEC 61131-3 all 5 standard languages
- Modbus/TCP communications
- QNX RTOS - real time operating system
- RoHS compliant
The ServoWire Motion & Logic Controller (SMLC) features high performance computing capability combined with a true real-time operating system (RTOS). Using the industry standard family of Intel 32-bit processors running the QNX RTOS provides plenty of cost effective, robust computing power for even the most demanding multi-axis motion and I/O control applications. SMLCs are used in a wide range of industrial and aerospace markets including packaging, converting, labeling, web & material handling, medical, pharmaceutical, as well as general assembly and winding.
The SMLC provides a multi-tiered, flexible approach to meeting machine I/O requirements. It has the ability to interface high-speed drive based I/O for microsecond position capture and single servo update response to sensor signals. It also provides sub-millisecond programmable limit switch outputs that are tightly coupled to the motion control.
The SMLC reduces system complexity and lowers total installed cost. Servos are daisy-chained and interface to the controller using a standard IEEE-1394b network interface and cabling.
ServoWire Drive Network
ORMEC’s AC brushless servo motors and ServoWire digital servo drives offer tested and guaranteed performance with the SMLC. The result is maximum performance from a tightly integrated, pre-engineered package that simplifies everything from system integration to maintenance.
Fully digital control offers compelling benefits—eliminating manual servo drive setup and providing real-time software access to all parameters. In an SMLC system, the position, velocity and torque loops are all closed by the digital signal processors (DSPs) in the ServoWire Drives based on position commands sent from the SMLC. Velocity observer software eliminates the need for analog tachometers, and potentiometers are eliminated since all gain and compensation parameters are set in software. All loop adjustments are automatically computed when a motor and its load inertia are specified in ServoWire Pro—greatly simplifying servo system tuning.
- Input Voltage: 115-230 VAC (+15%, -20%), 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50C
- Weight: Approx. 3.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 9.0 x 2.75” x 7.2” (228.6 x 69.9 x 182.9 mm), H x W x D for Model 30 & 80 or 9.0 x 4.25” x 7.2” (228.6 x 108 x 182.9 mm) for Model 160
Processor & Memory
- Main Processor: Industry standard family of Intel 32-bit processors
- DRAM: 128 Mbytes
- Program Memory: 128 Mbytes (Removable Compact Flash)
- Non-Volatile Memory: 32 Kbytes (battery backed)
- All-digital control algorithms featuring velocity and acceleration feedforward for optimal performance.
- Position Command Update Rates: 1.0, 2.0, 2.66 kHz (axis count independent)
- High-speed sensor inputs to initiate motion within one position command update.
- High-speed hardware position capture (<1 usec), ideal for use in high-speed registration applications.
- Software controlled position, speed and current (torque) limits.
- Drive fault protection circuits, watchdog timers and integrated diagnostics for fail-safe operation.
- Full 32-bit position count or modulo position in user units
- SMLC Model 30 - 3 axes
- SMLC Model 80 - 8 axes
- SMLC Model 160 - 16 axes
- SMLC I/O: 8 inputs, 8 outputs, 1 analog in, 1 analog out.
- General I/O: 64 modules per Wago 750 Series bus coupler, up to 512 I/O points connected via Ethernet (Modbus/TCP). Multiple bus couplers can be used for additional I/O.
- Profibus DP Master (optional) supports up to 126 I/O nodes.
- Standard: Three RS-232 serial ports, four on Model 160
- Standard: Two Ethernet 10/100baseT ports with RJ45 connectors
- Standard Protocols: Modbus/RTU slave, Modbus/TCP client & server, Ethernet/IP adapter, Profibus DP Master