O'Malley Quirke. Executive Recruitment. What we do
HOW WE WORK
In developing the O’Malley Quirke (OMQ) approach, we recognised that the recruiting needs of entrepreneurial organisations are different to others in many areas:
- Role definition
- Need to define the role based on real understanding of business drivers – not typically filling an existing post / replicating a role that exists in other organisations
- Candidate profile
- Balance between professional experience and personal intrinsics
- Importance of new perspectives and diverse experiences
- Candidate engagement (specifically for early stage businesses)
- Many early stage businesses find it challenging to engage top calibre candidates as a result of :
- Limited brand name awareness
- Uncertainty regarding the businesses future
- Limited funds available to compete on compensation
Our approach comprises of the following distinctive elements:
- Optimise profile to deliver on business needs: Strong experience in understanding business needs and helping clients define the profile of key business positions to deliver on key business drivers.
- Network of current / potential entrepreneurial business leaders: Significant network of potential candidates who have the intrinsic skills required to be effective business leaders.
- Capability to evaluate candidates based on fit with role, culture, business requirements: Strong skills in evaluating candidates and are investing in expanding this capability.
- Ability to engage candidates: Strength in engaging candidates – based on our ability to understand the business and candidate, craft compelling propositions and engage meaningfully on their career planning.
- Fee model based on client value creation: Fee model is distinctively focused on creating value for our clients and is composed of three components:
- Low upfront engagement fee to ensure commitment to search from client and consultant
- Placement fee payable when successful candidate creates real value for client
- 50% payable when candidate starts in role
- 50% payable 12 months after start