Ogier's Employment Team is a dedicated offering and advises on all aspects of employment law across different industry sectors, in particular, Finance and Retail and comprises United Kingdom employment law specialists as well as locally qualified experts and qualified trainers. Whilst primarily representing employers it also represents employees particularly in settlement and redundancy issues.
Ogier recognises that employment issues go to the heart of an organisation and are often surrounded with sensitive and personal issues that require a commercial approach beyond the application and meaning of the law. Understanding client’s and client’s needs is therefore important to Ogier’s approach to employment law.
The team has built expertise in regulatory issues (from an employment perspective, including housing, business licensing and immigration) arising from new employers investing in the Channel islands and international relocation issues generally often working effectively with the States of Jersey and Guernsey departments and Immigration authorities.
The employment team is a specialist offering in the Channel Islands which is a key feature of its service given the continued development of Employment law. Combined with a cross-island employment law practice covering both Jersey and Guernsey employment matters, Ogier is well placed to establish itself further as Channel Islands employment law increases in complexity.
- All contentious and non contentious employment issues
- Contracts of employment policies and procedures
- Employment aspects of mergers, acquisitions and restructures
- Termination of an employment relationship
- Drafting and enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Royal Court and Employment Tribunal proceedings
- People / HR support
- Business relocation and licensing
- Regulation of Undertakings, Right to Work and Housing
- Data Protection issues