Medical Services @ Mount Merrion Medical Centre, a Family Medical Clinic in South County Dublin, Ireland
Mount Merrion Medical Centre
Doctor, medical services, blood pressure
- ECG's: Electrical tracing of the heart to assist diagnosis of
- 24 hour Blood Pressure monitoring: The
practice provides portable medical equipment which will monitor
blood pressures at regular intervals over 24 hours. This is now
accepted as the gold standard of high blood pressure (hypertension)
diagnosis and treatment.
- Heartwatch Clinic: The Heartwatch
Clinic is run by our Practice Nurse specialist and monitors patients
who have already been diagnosed with heart disease.
The clinics are
run on a three monthly basis and are free to GMS patients.
- Well Woman Health Check: The service
provides full Women’s
- Contraception: Full range of contraceptive
- Smear testing: Patients have a choice
of attending the Practice Nurses or Female GP for their smear
tests. There is now a free service under the auspices of the
National Cancer Control Programme. It is recommended to have
a smear test every 3 years from age 25 to 44 and every 5 years
from 44 to 60. After this age smears are of limited value but
may be recommended in special circumstances.
- Combined Ante-Natal / Post-Natal / Newborn
practice is a member of the Mother and Child scheme which provides
free ante-natal checks to expecting mothers, 2 week baby check
and 6 weeks checks for mother and baby. These are carried out
between the Practice Nurse and the Doctor. It is the usual practice
to delay the 6 week check to coincide with the 2 month Infant
Vaccination for the convenience of all.
Men’s Health / Wellman Health Check
- The Doctors are experienced in diagnosing and dealing with
a wide range of Men's Health issues including erectile dysfunction,
benign prostate disease and prostate cancer - not to mention
all other diseases more prevalent in men (high blood pressure,
heart disease etc.). This includes physical examination and specific
blood tests relating to this area.
- Wellman Health check involves screening asymptomatic men for
all risk factors leading to premature illness. Unfortunately
prostate cancer and high cholesterol, for example, are largely
- Nebulisers: Inhaled treatment for acute asthma and croup.
- Spirometry: Full lung function testing.
- Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy involves
removal of skin lesions including warts,skin tags and verrucas
etc., by freezing with liquid nitrogen. This is the least scarring
way of removing appropriate skin lesions but please note NOT
all lesions are ameniable to this form of treatment.
- Diathermy: Diathermy involves removal
of skin lesions using heat.
- Cautery: This is very useful in the
treatment of nosebleeding / recurrent nosebleeds and involves
the application of a chemical cauterising compound to the area
of the nose involved.
- Minor Surgery: In certain skin conditions
excision (cutting out) is the only appropriate treatment. The
doctor will advise concerning this.
- Injecting painful joints such as tennis elbow for relief of symptoms.
- Screening provided for conditions such as high cholesterol,
diabetes and haemochromatosis (among others) in both men and women.
- The Practice Nurse / Doctor provide the full
standard infant vaccination programme. Further details from Practice
- Travel vaccinations available (held on site) include Hepatitis
A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, Rabies, Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio.
- More importantly - we also advise patients concerning Malaria
prophylaxis - both drug treatment and avoidance.
- The Diabetes Watch Clinic is run by our Practice Nurse and monitors
patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Vitamin B12
- Hay fever
- Prostate Cancer
- We provide basic eye testing for driving licence and other purposes.
Additional Nursing Services
- Suture Removal
- Surgical Dressings
- Our Practice provides comprehensive medical services for corporate
clients. Services include pre employment medicals, regular staff
health checks, employee vaccinations, health and safety surveys
and company doctor status for corporate bodies.
, heart disease
, medical clinic
, medical services
, Nurse Specialist