Fluent Reading Trainer
Reading Comprehension, Basic Reading Skills
Basic Reading Skills
Improves Silent Reading Speed
MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT® is a reading fluency tool that has been designed to systematically increase reading speed while ensuring proficient reading comprehension. Layering these component skills provides each student with educationally sound practice in fluency.
Reading can be a laborious task for students who read slowly. The MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT® reading fluency tool provides visual discrimination practice while learning to read sight words and high frequency words. Continued reading fluency practice using MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT® actually trains the reader’s eyes to move from left to right efficiently and to sweep in one movement. For students who use MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT®, school becomes easier, reading becomes more meaningful, vocabularies explode and higher education becomes attractive, preventing drop-outs. Students improve their reading speed from 50 to over 300 words per minute.
MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT® is a training program that systematically increases reading fluency and speed while ensuring proficient reading comprehension. MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT®:
- Is a 100% computer-based reading fluency software
- Measures and improves silent reading speed, reading fluency, retention, and comprehension
- Allows most students to complete 3 or more stories in a class period
- Accommodates each students current ability including: ELL, ESL, dyslexic, and struggling readers
- Includes a library of over 700 content-rich stories
- Optionally sets passages to include decodable text only
- Quick, easy and requires minimal teacher time
- Reports on reading comprehension skills by class, student, and 18 specific skills including: main idea, context clues, inference, and author's purpose
- is one of the most student-requested software programs
Who should use MindPlay T.E.A.M.™: FLRT® - a fluent reading trainer?
- Anyone wanting to improve reading skills, speed or comprehension
- Beginning readers to above average readers
- Anyone ages 6 and up with basic reading skills
, Reading Comprehension