The majority of our materials are available online. Some hard copy material is distributed during the two day HPAT Course and there is an additional hard copy full length practice exam that you sit in the HPAT Course (you can take it home with hardcopy solutions).
We believe that the LMS is far superior to printed 'booklets'. There are a number of reasons why MedEntry chooses to provide material via an online based system:
1. Online learning enables MedEntry to provide students with online forums, Eureka! trainers, drills, calendar etc which would not be available if materials were distributed as hard copies. Students find these services very useful - for example, the online forums allow students to engage in discussions and learn actively.
2. There is well over a thousand pages of material on the LMS. Printing and sending this out to all of our students would be very expensive and would mean we would have to raise the prices of the packages substantially - something we don't want to do. Electronic rather than paper delivery is also planet-friendly and saves millions of trees.
3. Online learning means that your exams are marked instantly by computer, feedback is provided immediately and your score is compared to all other MedEntry students to give you a percentile ranking. This is how the ACER assesses you: they compare you with other students and provide percentiles (the raw score or the number of questions you get right, is irrelevant). The percentile ranking gives you a good idea about how you are performing compared to other students. This is definitely NOT possible with hard copy (paper) format. This is the major advantage of the LMS.
4. MedEntry’s Learning Management System allows you to access your products immediately (as soon as payment is received). There is no need to wait for your materials to arrive by post.
5. MedEntry’s system allows you to access your products anytime, anywhere and any place in the world with an internet connection.
6. The dynamic nature of the online system means that we are able to provide updates expeditiously and throughout the year. This means that we can make changes in our preparation material to reflect the latest changes in HPAT. This would not be possible if the materials were paper-based. It's no wonder that MedEnty was voted as the program which best simulates HPAT.
7. Online learning is 21st century technology. Most reputable universities are now moving to this medium since there are several advantages. A meta-analysis published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (10 September 2008) found internet-based learning was associated with large positive effect. "Internet based education permits learners to participate at a time and a place convenient to them, facilitates instructional methods that might be difficult in other formats, and has the potential to tailor instructions to individual learners' needs," the authors said.