ASCENDAS Consultancy Services
Ascendas Consultancy Services
Reporting services a reporting tool developed by Microsoft. The advantages of reporting services are listed below.
- Central Point of Access All reports are stored in one designated area which is a local web address where users can go to access their management reports.
- Increased Security
- Increased Report Functionality All reports are parameter driven. This gives the end user the maximum reporting capabilities. However, reports can be saved with fixed parameters so that you can run the same report repeatedly without having to reselect the parameters. Sort criteria are available on each information column allowing the user to display results as they require.
- Drill Down Functionality Reports which contain high level data have drill-down features to allow the users view the detailed transactions. This means that users no longer need to enter into Agresso to validate their reporting information.
- Report Caching This allows the user to save copies of reports to be viewed at any stage allowing for easy forecasting and comparisons.
- Reporting Formats
- Report Execution - The time it takes to execute a report is vastly superior to any current methods of reporting being employed.
- Reporting Subscriptions
Critique of current Agresso Reporting Options
Limited formatting and presentation
Cross tabulation is difficult
Difficult to join tables
- Difficult to produce
- Located outside of Agresso
- Unpopular with users
- Difficult to write
- Expensive to maintain