An underfloor heating system is unique because it heats a room from the floor up, ensuring that much less heat is required compared to a conventional radiator-based system which only produces localised heat that normally concentrates around the ceiling.
Furthermore underfloor heating systems are ideal for using in conjunction with other Renewable Heating Systems, especially geothermal heat pumps and solar thermal panels.
Other notable advantages include:
1. much more even distribution of heat throughout the room
2. due to the fact much less heat is required, convection currents are minimised and hence draughts
3. ideal for tiled and laminated surfaces
4. ideal for rooms with high ceilings since the heat is rising upwards from a uniform heat source
5. typically damp areas such as kitchen and bathroom floors are much drier and also dry much quicker