DrillPro is an a full-featured add-on package to
ScadaPro for the purposes of rig-site surface data
acquisition and processing for both Mud Logging and
drilling rig monitoring
Drilling depth for oil or
gas on land or sea cannot be monitored directly using sensors as it is
expensive and hazardous to put sensors on the drill string. The current
depth of the drill string and the on/off bottom status can be determined
using the length of the drill string passed through a crane, the weight of
the hook used to feed the string, the dimensions of the drill pipes, the
well geometry and the amount of fluid pumped. A complex algorithm uses these
different parameters to calculate the depth in real-time.
The DrillPro monitoring system will allow the operator to display drilling depth and
status without the need for expensive down-hole instrumentation and using
only vendor independent surface instrumentation.
The associated logging and display system will allow the drilling process
to be analysed from a drilling engineering perspective. DrillPro Features Include:
- Configurable Depth Measurement Logic to handle encoders mounted on the draw-works or crown and gseolograph style hookups using switched or level pulse signals
- Heave compensation monitoring is available with encoder input being received from the riser and compensator.
- Well Geometry displays used to drive hydraulic calculations.
- Facilitates entry of mud rheology values as required to calculate system pressure drops.
- Allows up to three totalisers in any combination each with its own pit volume change set-point control. Up to 32 tanks are currently catered for and any pit sensor can be applied to any totaliser.
- Allows selection of Bingham Plastic or Power Law models.
- Facility to define pump characteristics and to calculate the total output.
- Lag Depth Calculations supported.
- Sets up the off bottom depth where the system will automatically switch to trip mode.
- Lag system can be initialized at any time when the operator wishes to update the percentage washout factor. Lagged differential values can also be selected here. The "bottoms-up" time is continuously updated in terms of time, volume and total pump strokes.