A steam system that has not been maintained will undoubtedly have failed traps. The main causes are dirt created from chemical process and pipe scaling that are carried through the piping system and eventually collect at the trap.
As everyone in industry knows the cost to produce steam is significant and system leaks and defective steam traps can easily amount to thousands of Euros of wasted energy.
A vigilant steam system preventive maintenance programme and steam trap surveys will reduce energy costs by as much as 35%.
Eastway Survey Method & Reporting:
- Ultrasonic testing
- Turbulence in defective traps causes ultrasonic sound
- Converted to low frequency with probe
- Infrared testing
- Confirm diagnosis by checking temperature differentials
- Faulty steam traps and leaks will be ‘tagged’ during on-site survey
- A cost analysis will be produced based on estimated losses, based on steam trap orifice size and steam pressure