Unless you are still using backup tapes transported via the ‘sneaker net’, network connectivity is probably an important part of your business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) plan. Some organizations use multiple carriers to protect their connections. Are you aware that even if you have ‘redundant’ communication services from two different carriers, those carriers could be delivering their connections to you using a common path? There is no continuity or recovery if you lose your connection because of a fiber cut and both of your carriers use the same fiber cable. How can you ensure that you have the best protection without spending too much?
Level 3 operates approximately 54,000 long-haul fiber miles and 27,000 metro fiber miles, providing us with one of the most diverse network footprints in North America. Your BCDR strategy demands reliability and our extensive footprint combined with our trustworthy engineering practices delivers it.
BCDR Solution – How You Benefit
- Truly diverse services provide maximum protection from physical network damage
- More options for network redundancy and routing for improved availability and latency, pay for only the level of protection you need
- Performance backed by service level agreements (SLAs)
- Physical and electronic route diversity options through a single vendor
BCDR Solution – How It Works
- A portfolio of services that provides a range of service availability metrics
- Specific engineering practices to ensure your diverse route remains diverse
- Professional services support to custom design solutions to meet your specific requirements
- Optional wireless backup add-on for business continuity planning
Have questions? Need more details?
Tell us your needs and get fast answers.