Compulsory purchase order advice and services
Lambert Smith Hampton
Whether you are a developer or local authority seeking to use Compulsory Purchase procedures or are on the “receiving end” of a Compulsory Purchase Order, our extensive CPO experience can help you through the process.
To achieve the best results for a client’s compulsory purchase, our surveyors possess a number of specialist skills including:
- In depth knowledge of the extensive compulsory purchase statute and case law.
- The ability to understand claimants’ businesses and issues affecting them on relocation or extinguishment.
- When acting for a developer or acquiring authority the knowledge to guide the client through the process including:
- Providing estimates
- Negotiations prior to acquiring CPO powers
- Appearing as an expert witness at Public Inquiry
- Most importantly, the necessary diplomatic skills to deal with claimants and to negotiate a settlement.
- When acting for owners or occupiers.
- The ability, if appropriate, to make a credible objection to a CPO and to appear at Public Inquiry.
- The ability to present a claim within the compulsory purchase framework in a persuasive way and to negotiate a satisfactory settlement.
- If negotiations fail, the ability to provide a credible expert witness before the Lands Tribunal.
All of these services are provided to our clients through our nationally networked team of compulsory purchase surveyors.