Kleenit - What is Powerflushing
What is Powerflushing?
- Some important things you need to know about Powerflushing and why it is so important.
- Powerflushing is a rapid movement of water through the system, aided by the use of cleaning chemicals to remove deposits.
- Powerflushing does not cause leaks, the pressure remains normal, its the speed of water that counts.
- The Kleenit operator will advise if he thinks that any components are not suitable for Powerflushing before he starts work.
- It is the only effective way to remove debris from the system.
- Expelling the dirty water to drain and replacing with clean water from the mains supply, which can be done in either direction of flow.
- After flushing the radiators the system water should be tested with a TDS meter and should be within 10% of the reading gained from the mains water. The clean system is then ready for treatment with a corrosion inhibitor.
- Without this treatment no guarantees can be given as to the life or efficiency of the system.