Reed Beds | Klargester | A Kingspan Environmental brand
A reed bed is a natural filtration process used in conjunction with a BioDisc or Biosafe Treatment Plant to further enhance the quality of effluent migrating
into surrounding watercourse.
A reed bed is only required when local water authorities request a better quality of effluent than that discharged from the standard unit.
- Tertiary treatment for new applications with tight discharge consents
- Satisfies new building regulations
- Improved effluent quality for existing works
- Very low maintenance
- Aesthetically pleasing and environmentally friendly
- Easy to install
- Takes advantage of the heightened 'environmental awareness'
- Significantly improves discharge from a treatment plant.
- Additional running costs only when a pump is required.
- Pre-fabricated to take out the guess work
- Modular system comprising of individual beds:
- 6 Population = 2 beds
- 12 Population = 4 beds
- One piece GRP moulding installed flush to the ground
- Reeds and GRP beds supplied. Washed pea gravel, 'growing' media by others (not included).
- Provides rooting zone depth of 600mm (required by Phragmites Australis).
- Modules designed with a hydraulic gradient across the length of the units.
- Adjustable outlet weir allows water level control
| ||HRB006 ||HRB012 |
|Reed Beds || || |
|Length ||2500mm ||2500mm |
|Width ||800mm ||800mm |
|Depth ||800mm ||800mm |
|No. Required ||2 ||4 |
|Outlet Size ||110mm ||110mm |
Contact Kingspan Environmental
Email - none provided
Print this page