Senior « Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club

By: Kiltale Hurling  05/12/2011
Keywords: Hurling Championship

Senior « Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club

Meath Senior Hurling Championship quarter-final: Kiltale 5-12, Dunboyne 1-11
4 September 2010

Kiltale's Mark O'Sullivan gets in his strike as Dunboyne's Paul Fagan tries to block during the Meath SHC quarter final replay at Trim.

Peter Durnin scored 2-6 as Kiltale blitzed Dunboyne in this Ted Murtagh Clothing & Footwear SHC quarter-final replay at Trim on Saturday afternoon.

Unlike the drawn encounter six days earlier, when Kiltale forced extra-time and later a replay, Dunboyne were on the back foot from the off and never led.

However the sides were level twice in the early exchanges. Damien Dixon’s ninth minute point made it 0-3 to 0-2 and Kiltale were never reeled in.

Durnin’s first goal came courtesy of a 20-metre free in the 13th minute and left the board reading 1-3 to 0-2.

Dunboyne did manage to cut the gap to a goal on two occasions in the second quarter. First when Michael Dunne pointed and then in the 27th minute through Michael O’Grady.

In between those scores Kiltale moved five points clear with Durnin punishing Dunboyne from play and frees.

A more economical Kiltale put a significant desposit on a semi-final meeting with Kilmessan in the run up to half-time.

James Kelly’s 28th minute goal doubled Kiltale’s advantage. Though Neil Hackett replied with a point from play, the team in maroon and green closed were ahead by double scores, 2-8 to 0-7, at the break.

Within seconds of the restart Durnin placed Mark O’Sullivan for Kiltale’s third goal. Points from Gary Watters and Hackett (free) offered a glimmer of hope for last year’s runners-up.

Brendan Dixon fired in Kiltale’s fourth goal in the 40th minute to shut the door on Dunboyne and the board read 4-8 to 0-9.

Kiltale ‘keeper Shane McGann saved well from Neville Reilly in the 47th minute while Durnin continued to punish Dunboyne with scores from play and placed balls.

When Hackett placed Stephen Moran for Dunboyne’s goal in the 54th minute, Kiltale still held a double scores advantage, 4-10 to 1-11.

Durnin completed a memorable afternoon for Kiltale with his side’s fifth goal, in the 58th minute, when placed by experienced substitute Cathal Sheridan.

Kiltale – S. McGann; D. Donoghue, S .Carroll, S. White; W. Mahady, P. Donoghue, S. Donoghue; D. Dixon (0-1), P. Donoghue; M. O’Sullivan (1-0), J. Donoghue, I. Douglas (0-1); J. Kelly (1-1), B. Dixon (1-2), P. Durnin (2-6, 1-3 fs). Subs – C. Sheridan for J. Donoghue (41), P. Garvey (0-1) for P. Donoghue (55), D. Kane for White (58), C. McCabe for J. Kelly (59), T. J. Lynch for D Dixon (59).

Dunboyne – S. Reilly; Sean Moran, P. Fagan, C. Hutton; A. Watters, P. Gannon, G. Murphy (0-1); M. O’Grady, G. Watters (0-3); N. Hackett (0-4, 2 fs, 1 ’65′), Stephen Moran (1-1), B. Watters; N. Reilly (0-1), M. Dunne (0-1), D. Moen. Subs – N. Watters for Moen (39), D. Buggle for B. Watters (50).

Referee – S. Masterson (Boardsmill).

Keywords: Hurling Championship

Other products and services from Kiltale Hurling


Under-21 « Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club

Meath 4-13, Kildare 1-16: Neil Heffernan was the star turn with four goals as Meath claimed the Leinster Under 21 H A title with a win over holders Kildare that was more convincing than the scoreline suggests. Kildare substitute Gavin Sutherland netted from a 60th minute free for what proved to be the final score of the game after Ciaran Joyce was deemed to have over-carried the sliotar.


Junior « Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club

Team – O Regan; C Ennis, S Moyles, S Dunleavy; J Carey, S White, TJ Lynch;Alan Donnelly, T Mahady; B Reilly, D Dixon, S Ryan; M Hennessy, PJ Welsh, C Garvey. Subs – Anthony Donnelly for S Moyles, W Harnan for C Garvey, E Patterson for M Hennessy, S Cummins for S Ryan. Scorers – PJ Welsh 1-2,T Mahady 0-2, D Dixon 0-1, W Harnan 0-1.


Juvenile « Kiltale Hurling & Camogie Club

The scores were tied four times over the hour, but Westmeath were never headed and crucially posted the last two scores of the game, from Aonghus Clarke and Niall O’Brien in the 51st and 54th minutes respectively. Meath’s best spell saw them gain parity by the 40th minute with McGee pointing from far out before Willie McGrath netted from close range after Shane Brennan’s point attempt hit a post.