James Hughes & Son
transportation, funeral directors, Funeral Director
How our funeral director can serve you
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, at James Hughes and Son we are always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director's main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process.
Among the services funeral directors provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Liasing with hospitals or nursing homes
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- Prearation, laying out and dressing of the deceased including a full embalming service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
For more information about our Professional Services, please contact us by e-mail or call 00353 (0)45 865156. We are here to help.
At James Hughes & Son we also offer a Repatriation service. In the unfortunate event of a family member while abroad we will organise the transportation of the deceased home to Ireland.
, funeral directors