Learn more about Hole Saws
If you have a project where you need to drill a perfect hole easily, you need a hole saw. A key tool in any carpenter or handyman's toolbox is the holesaw.
Hole saw bits come in a variety of sizes so you'll be able to find the ideal sizes to attach to your drill. The sizes range from 14mm to 200mm. Below we have and easy step-by-step guide on how to use a hole saw.
- Measure the size of the hole you want to drill. Hole saw bits come in many different widths. Choose the correct bit size for the job.
- Consider the depth of the hole you're planning to create. Most hole saw bits cut about one inch deep, but you can purchase a bigger bit.
- Attach the hole saw bit to your drill. An ordinary 12-volt drill will work for small holes drilled in wood but you may need a sturdier drill to cut bigger holes in different materials.
- Find the center of the hole you plan to drill. Measure it off and mark it so you'll know where to start. Line up the pilot bit with the middle of the mark.
- Drill the hole. Go slowly to reduce friction. This will give your hole saw bit a longer life and keep the material you're drilling from splintering.
Our Hole Saws will drill into metal, wood, plastic and stainless steel.
As always, when using equipment like this, please wear the appropriate protection, such as Goggles , and make sure a First Aid Kit is not too far away.
The Team at HireandHardware.ie