Gap Analysis: Business Needs / IT Network
A gap analysis that looks at the difference between business needs and the
IT network will throw up issues of performance, resilience, security and
manageability that will inform both client planning and Kerna's Managed
Services design. The vulnerability assessment will identify single points
of failure and potential performance bottlenecks during peak traffic flows,
as well as a prioritised assessment of internal and external threats and
the adequacy of internal IT procedures.
Kerna has a pro-active approach to secure Managed Services that goes well
beyond passive or reactive monitoring. We will help our clients update
their security policy to match their business needs and to cope with the
latest threats. Our structured approach based on identifying and prioritising
all IT business risks, also ensures that clients IT infrastructure can
securely support any planned future business growth, including seasonal peaks
in customer demand, as well as defend against both internal and external
Resilient network design together with sophisticated monitoring will enable
clients to manage and to recover quickly from major external events, such
as a power outage, or a large distributed denial of service attack.
Kerna's assessment of security vulnerabilities is based upon the industry
proven principles outlined in ISO17799. We recommend that our clients
progressively implement the ISO17799 industry best practice approach to IT
security, as adopting this structured methodology will enable most regulatory
compliance targets to be hit. Kerna will work with the regulatory compliance
standards applicable to a particular client, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, EU
Data Protection legislation or Basle II.
Managed Network Services
Kerna's bespoke approach to managed services enables an organisation to match
its risk and resources profile with an appropriate level of managed service.
Managed Network Services include:
- Full or partial outsourced service management.
- Help Desk during normal business hours.
- User provisioning management for identity and access control systems.
- 24x7 remote monitoring with flexible configuration to avoid spurious alarms.
- Systems and network problem diagnosis. Software component fault resolution.
- Software upgrades. Configuration change control advice and management.
- Threat analysis. Risk reduction and compliance consulting
- Optional on-site client support, either short or long-term.
- Business continuity planning.
- Emergency response team for the effective management of major incidents.
- Service Level Agreement tailored to match client needs.