houseology – experts in maximising Space, Light and Storage in your home - services
2 HOUR HOUSE CONSULTATIONS
- Get your project off to the best possible start with with a 2 hour House Consultation to maximise Space, Light and Storage in your home!
- Firstly, I talk to you to see what issues you wish to deal with.
- Secondly, I look over those parts of the house needing attention and begin the process of generating ideas. A variety of options will be explored to find the one that best suits your circumstances. Where structural alterations or an extension are planned, this may include the preparation of free-hand, scaled sketches.
- Thirdly, I seek to ensure that you are equipped with the information and contacts to bring the project to fruition.
- This is all summarised in a written report, produced in the course of the 2 hours.
- I charge €250 in the Dublin city area but am happy to travel further by arrangement. I also offer an online consultation service.
Q. I have had plans drawn up but am unsure if they are the best solution…
- I am happy to review these proposals with you to ensure that you get off to the best start at a cost of €250.00 for a 2 hour consultation.
- Refer to my testimonials for examples where people have found this advice helpful.
Q. I live 5 hours from Dublin, do you offer advice online?
- I offer an Online Consultation Service at a cost of €200.00.
- I manage online consultations using the same 3 part approach I use in my regular 2 hour house consultations, with the emphasis on firstly establishing the issues to be addressed, secondly generating a range of possible solutions and thirdly agreeing how the preferred solution might best be implemented.
Q. I’ve found a house I like a lot but am not sure it meets my needs…
- I am happy to look over a property prior to your committing to its purchase to assess its potential to meet your needs in the short, medium and long term.
- The cost of a 1 hour consultation in this regard is €150 inclusive of all charges in the Dublin area.
Q. Do you give advice about costs?
- Only in the broadest sense. I do, however, seek to ensure you have sufficient information to request a “ball park” cost from the type of contractor relevant to your project and circumstances. This a more reliable way of pinning down costs in the current climate.
Q. Can I request a further consultation in the course of my project?
- I am very happy to do this and, indeed, have done so on more than one occasion in some instances.
- I offer a 10% reduction on 2nd and subsequent consultations.
Q. Do you take on projects?
- I am available to assist with projects of a modest scale, involving interior alterations.
- Whilst I am not currently in a position to offer a full range of architectural services for more extensive projects, I look forward to doing so once again in the future.
The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011