The Host Ireland network has been engineered from the ground up to accommodate the high-availability demands of our customers' mission-critical Web applications. Our Cisco-powered, Always-Up Network™ has unique self-healing attributes that allow us to deliver on our 100% infrastructure availability guarantee.
Host Ireland doesn't rely on any single connectivity provider. Instead, we employ a multi-provider strategy. This offers benefits over simply partnering with one network carrier. Working with multiple network carriers creates natural redundancy in our network architecture and ensures that packets can leave our network from multiple points. Additionally, if one or more providers experience congestion or downtime, traffic can be rerouted through other network partners until the issue is solved.
Beyond simply providing redundancy in case a particular provider experiences downtime, our proprietary networking technology allows our network operations team to actively probe the public Internet for packet loss and latency and automatically reroutes traffic around these areas. This ensures that traffic leaving the Host Ireland's network is not bound for a part of the public Internet that is heavily congested.
Guaranteed Packet Delivery
Our providers are paid to make sure that packets of information are delivered quickly and efficiently to your end users. This offers significant advantages over simply peering with the major backbones. Peering agreements rarely include Service Level Agreements (SLAs) so no one is accountable for lost packets at congested exchange points. Because Host Ireland has SLAs with all of our network partners, we are able to guarantee that all packets will leave our network at full speed.
Host Ireland substantial bandwidth capacity allows us to accommodate even the largest spikes in traffic. To ensure rapid delivery of content, we continuously add network connectivity and new routes. Low bandwidth utilization allows for maximum uptime, even if multiple transit partners experience simultaneous outages.
We work closely with leading telecommunications providers to build and maintain our world-class network MCI, Sprint, Abovenet and LINX.
Host Ireland operates in the IX Europe LINX data center located in Heathrow, The London Internet Exchange Ltd. (LINX) is the largest and most successful Internet exchange point in Europe with a world-class reputation for quality, performance and technical excellence. LINX was chosen as the most proximate international exchange with direct peering to both Eircom and Esat , Ireland's largest ISPs - thus ensuring the least latency of any Irish service provider to Irish and European end-users (EU).
Access to data centers is restricted by two-factor authentication including Biometric hand scanners. Host Ireland data centers are physically isolated from everyone but level three technicians. Public access is strictly forbidden. All entrances and common areas are monitored 24x7 via closed-circuit cameras.
Our data centers' HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) systems are N+1 redundant to ensure that - even in the event of an entire HVAC system failure - there is a duplicate system on standby to take over. All air is circulated and filtered every 90 seconds to remove dust and contaminants. An advanced fire-suppression system is in place to prevent any fire from spreading - in the unlikely event that one could start. All cables to servers and routing equipment are securely tied down and cable racks suspended from the ceiling provide dual routes for all cables.
Power systems in Host Ireland data centers are designed to run uninterrupted even in the unlikely event of a total power outage. All servers are fed with conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power that will run if utility power fails. The UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant with instantaneous failover in case the primary UPS fails. In the event of an extended power outage, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely. Generators are regularly tested to ensure functionality in the event of an emergency.
Core Routing Equipment
We use only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment housed in its own secure, core routing room and fed with its own redundant power supply. Our fiber carriers enter the facilities at disparate access points to ensure that there is no service failure, even in the unlikely event of a fiber cut.
Here are seven reasons to choose Host Ireland as your hosting partner:
- Service - Hosting is a service industry and service is what Host Ireland is all about. Our friendly staff of "real people" goes that extra mile to make sure your experience is pleasant and profitable.
- Technology - the best servers (all DELL, manufactured in Limerick) the latest "declared stable" "Enterprise Level" operating systems, rigorously monitored "24x7" add up to rock solid, secure hosting - leaving you free to manage your business, while we manage your site.
- Experience - both the hosting and development divisions of the company are able to draw on a depth of experience that is perhaps unrivalled in Ireland . Many of our clients have "ended up" using Host Ireland simply because no one else was able to provide the specialist services they required.
- Financial Stability - It is a sad fact that many hosting companies have fallen by the wayside over the past few years. Host Ireland is self funded, has no debt whatsoever, is in a comfortable "organic" growth curve and is certain to be around (in its current form) for years to come, making us an ideal long term partner. Our large client base of well established companies and extremely low attrition rate further underpin our stability.
- Price - A hosting partnership is (or should be) a long-term commitment. This means that cost is more important than if one were dealing with a "one-off" payment - amplifying the relevance of price. Host Irelands packages are very competitively priced as our superb levels of service allow - you will not get more for less anywhere!
- Depth of Skill - Host Ireland is not "just" an ISP - we are a full service development house able to develop both web and "non Internet" applications across a wide range of technologies and languages. These skill sets add substantial value to our hosting service. We are able to advise on, repair, extend or redevelop any site, no matter what the underlying technology. This provides the client with long-term security, an obstacle free upgrade path and the certainty that we can support their applications, whatever they are.
- Features - Host Ireland 's packages are packed with value added features - web based mail, enterprise level statistics, advanced control panels - the list goes on.