Buildings are responsible for up to 50% of energy consumption and carbon emissions. The legislation is designed to help save energy and raise awareness levels of energy inefficiencies.
The HBI Energy Management Team offer a range of services to ensure your building is energy efficient.
The EU Energy Performance of Building Directive (EPBD) is the driving force behind the legislation, which aims to promote the energy performance of buildings within the European Community. Primarily it introduces measures to improve the energy efficiency of a building and raise energy awareness amongst the public.
Two types of energy certificates are required in different circumstances:
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for all buildings (non public) when they are constructed, sold or rented out;
- Display Energy Certificates (DECs) for large, public buildings occupied by public authorities or institutions providing a public service to a large number of persons or buildings frequently visited by those persons.
An EPC is accompanied by a recommendation report that lists measures that can be taken on board to reduce energy consumption to the building. Commercial and residential EPC’s are valid for ten years unless major modifications to the building have been made within this time frame.
A DEC is required annually, however the accompanying advisory report is valid for seven years.
HBI Energy Management Services
As an all Ireland company, Healthy Buildings International (HBI) offer Energy Performance Certificates (EPC), Display Energy Certificates (DEC) and Building Energy Ratings (BER), in both the domestic and non domestic markets. We provide:
- Energy Surveys
- Air Tightness Testing
- Thermal Imaging
- Energy Efficiency Training and Consulting
Why choose HBI
HBI are a well-established, reliable and efficient company, who offer;
- Building surveying and energy specialists
- Over ten years experience
- Residential and Commercial in renewable, sustainable and building services
- Our Energy Assessors who have undergone the most rigorous training programme in the marketplace
- All Ireland services for EPC, DEC and BER (ROI)
- ABBE and NFOPP accredited
- A secure online Risk management system allowing you access to your information, reports and certificates 24/7
At HBI, not only to we offer a fast and efficient service we understand the importance to a have access to up to date information. With us you will have your reports in a secure client area, so you can view them at your convenience. Our reports also highlight any actions that our consultants believe need to be taken.