Applications are invited for a number of postgraduate research positions at the Hamilton Institute in the National University of Ireland, Maynooth. The Hamilton Institute is a multi-disciplinary research centre that seeks to provide a bridge between mathematics and its applications in ICT and biology. Successful candidates will join one of the largest, internationally recognized and most active networking research groups in Ireland.
Wireless networks are not only ubiquitous and of great economic importance to modern society, but also the source of many of the fundamental scientific challenges faced by modern communication networks. A key feature of modern networks is their scale and complexity and at the Hamilton Institute we are developing new mathematical methods to gain insight and understanding.
Graduate students at the institute are embedded in a vibrant, stimulating research environment and gain a unique education from leading researchers, positioning them well for their career development. The institute has a very active international visitor programme and provides the opportunity for international and industry exchange visits. Our Network Maths initiative is part of our structured PhD programme where leading international researchers provide specialist postgraduate modules to support our research students.
For more information on the Hamilton Institute and its research activity, please visit www.hamilton.ie
The candidate should hold a good (first-class honours or equivalent) degree in Mathematics or a related field and be motivated to tackle challenging research problems. Interpersonal skills are required for successful interdisciplinary research, so the candidate should be a team player.
The Hamilton Institute is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer.
About the Hamilton Institute
- The Hamilton Institute has one of the largest and most active networking research groups in Ireland and is an international centre of excellence.
- The Institute has strong links to leading international research groups and industry research labs. For our students, this not only ensures a “cutting-edge” experience but also provides the opportunity for international and industry exchange visits.
- The Institute provides an excellent student experience. Our Network Maths initiative (www.networkmaths.ie), run jointly with Trinity College Dublin, is part of our structured PhD programme where leading international researchers provide specialist postgraduate modules to support our research students.
- We prepare our students for a professional career and for academic research. Our strong research and industry links ensure that, as one of our graduates, you will be well regarded by employers, industry and academia alike.
- Successful applicants will be joining a diverse and cosmopolitan student population
The University and the City
- Maynooth is small university town located 20 Km west of Ireland’s capital city Dublin with a vibrant cultural and social life. About half our students choosing to live in Dublin and half in Maynooth, with an express train line providing easy access.