Heat Pumps are a long established technology that is now being applied to the Irish market as they are ideal for our climate.
A heat pump transfers energy in the form of heat from a cooler location to a warmer location. Air Source heat pumps absorb heat from outside the building to provide heating to radiators or an underfloor system.
The simple 'plug and play' installation make CareyGlass Heat Pumps ideal for both new build and existing homes.
As our heat pumps are Air Source the cost of installation is much lower than other heat pump products. This system can eliminate your use of fossil fuels such as coal, oil and gas and can save you up to 70% on your annual heating bills.
So what is an Air Source Heat Pump?
The CareyGlass Air Source Heat Pump works in the same way as a fridge, the fridge uses refrigerant to extract heat from the inside, keeping your food cool, the Air Source Heat Pump extracts heat from the outside air, and uses it to heat your home and water.
A Heat Pump is typically rated to provide approximately 75 - 80% of the peak load of the residence on the coldest day. Since the number of days that we have these extremely low temperatures is relatively low, taken as a percentage of the total year, the heat pump is typically rated to provide 90 - 95% of the total heating needs for a property over the entire year. The remaining energy is usually provided by another heat source (oil/ gas boiler) or an electrically heated source. In brief, your heating bill can be reduced by as much as 70% when you opt for a heat pump.
Our Heat Pump is capable of heating water to 55°C and of operating when the outdoor temperature is as low as -15°C.
Primary Uses for Heat Pumps
Our Air Source Heat Pumps can be installed and integrated into the existing space heating and water heating of both new build and existing homes.
As an optional extra there is a remote keyboard and display available which makes adjusting the desired temperature easy and user friendly.
Benefits of Heat Pumps
- Environmentally friendly refrigerant fluid: R 410 A
- Silent Operation: One of the lowest noise levels on the market
- Compact units: 1190 x 340 x 735 mm and 1190 x 340 x 1235 mm
- High Quality components
- Hydraulic equipment: Circulating pump 3 speeds - Expansion Tank - Safety Valve - Air Vent - Water Monometer - Hydraulic Filter
- Elimination of the big buffer vessel - the CareyGlass heat pump has one of the lowest buffer tank sizes on the market
- Defrosting adjusted according to outside temperature
- Keypad/display fitted to the front panel
- Stringent Manufacturing inspections: Helium waterproof test, dielectric and electrical test
- Registered for SEI grant
- Available with remote control keyboard
- Can be installed and used for a wide variety of applications. Can be used in conjunction with Boilers and Solar Water Heating systems.