We also provide a Site Inspection service that will ensure that best practice is being adhered to in incorporating energy saving methods in your new build, giving you peace of mind and value for your money.
We recommend that visits are scheduled at these key stages to allow us to verify the correct use of materials and building practices:
- Before the floor slab is poured, to ensure that insulation is fitted correctly and that pipe work is lagged to prevent heat loss.
- During block work, to ensure that cavity insulation is correctly fitted and that thermal bridging is avoided around openings.
- While dry-lining of external walls is being carried out.
- During the insulation of walls and slopes in dormer houses.
- After the air tightness membrane has been applied to ensure the integrity of the seal throughout the building.
- On completion of the build to ensure attic insulation and pipe work lagging is to the required standard.
All these inspections are carried out to verify that construction methods and materials used are as planned for this build, as it is not possible to view these components at a later stage when the building is complete. As these elements are the basis for the Building Energy Rating of your home and cannot easily be improved later, it is vital that the materials are utilized to their best advantage, thus reducing the energy use and saving you money.
| On Site Inspections || Price on request |
| On-site Inspections + Final BER Certificate || Price on request |