The requirement to comply with standards is a fact of life for organizations and
businesses of every size. From internal policies to local laws and global
industry standards, there are demands not only to comply, but also to demonstrate
compliance, with an increasingly demanding regulatory environment. LANGuardian helps
you to meet your compliance obligations, by:
- Enforcing segregation of duties
- Monitoring high risk activity such as privileged user behavior,
direct access to file shares and databases containing sensitive information, escalation of user
privileges, and failed logins.
- Identifying possible cases of copyright infringement in files stored on file shares or
downloaded from the Internet.
- Ensuring that databases are queried and updated only through the appropriate
- Generating alerts whenever attempts are made to sensitive files
- Gathering data related to employee use of the Internet for non-work related activity
such as shopping, watching TV online, and using Facebook.
LANGuardian provides drilldown and reporting features that you can use to meet
day-to-day compliance requirements, and it provides an independent and secure
audit trail that cannot be modified. Together, these features allow you to prove
compliance with internal and external standards.
HIPAA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act, enacted by the United States Congress in 1996. It requires the
implementation of standards for patient privacy and access to their patient
health information, and it defines a wide range of covered entities to whom the
If your organization is a covered entity and it stores patient health
information on Windows file shares, Windows File Share Monitor can help you
comply with your HIPAA obligations.