We currently have an opportunity for a Custody Supervisor in Real Estate Funds with a leading financial services company. Applicants for this role must have worked to at least a Supervisor level within Custody and have excellent communication and relationship management skills.
The Client Service Supervisor/ Custody ensures the firm’s clients receive accurate and timely data and serves as a point of escalation for complex client issues.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Client Servicing and Inquiry Response
- Field and respond to client inquiries and escalated issues and serve as the point person for senior level client contacts.
- Coordinate and follow up on client meetings and deliverables.
- Leverage knowledge of products and services.
- Work closely with internal clients in Operations and Treasury and Markets to ensure timely resolution of client inquiries and improvement of service levels.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external clients with regard to daily servicing inquiries.
- Develop key internal relationships to proactively aid in the resolution of client issues.
2. Global Custody
- Ensure all client documentation is updated and archived.
- Ensure adherence to all established procedures and controls.
- Prepare month end and year end reports.
3. Staff Supervision
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants, and assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports.
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years related custody experience.
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Working knowledge of corporate actions, equity, fixed income, and derivative investments.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve client needs.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work quickly and accurately in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel
- Analytical ability