Many homes lose 20% – 30% of their heat energy through inadequate insulation of the fabric of the building and the bulk of this is often through the attic.
Thankfully there’s a simple and inexpensive solution (in the shape of glass fibre, rock wool, cellulose etc.) but it’s surprising the number of poorly insulated attic spaces we still have. Standard attic upgrade includes the following:-
* Provide protective caps over any downlighters (to prevent overheating)
* Lay 150mm glass fibre quilt between joists
* Lay 150mm quilt across joists
* Insulate water tanks and exposed pipework
* Provide service walkway from access hatch to tanks
* Insulate access hatch