Firepro Services – Fire Protection for Steelwork, Concrete Soffit, and Fire Stopping
floor, fire safety, fire protection
It is a building regulation requirement to protect structural steel against fire. Consider these facts: if fire spreads in a building it raises the ambient temperature from approx 15°C to well over 800°C. Under these conditions a steel structure will buckle and fail leading to disasterous consequences.
Firepro protect your steel structure by applying intumescent coatings providing up to 2 hours fire resistance and also cementitious sprays providing up to 4 hours fire resistance. Intumescent coating reacts in a fire situation by expanding and forming an instulating char layer up to 50 times the paints original thickness.
Different coatings have the ability to protect steel structures for 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes in a fire.
Firepro are approved applicators of and intumescent coatings. For cementitiuos sprays we are approved applicators of Monokote, and
Up to 300 C the residual strength of structural quality concrete is not severely reduced. Between 300 C and 500 C the compressive strength reduces rapidly and concrete heated in excess of 600 C is of no use structurally. Firepro protect your concrete soffit with sprayed mineral fibre providing 0.45 and 0.25 u-values in a quick, efficient manner with tamped finish.
A firestop is a passive fire protection system of various components used to seal openings and joints in fire-resistance rated wall and/or floor assemblies, based on fire testing and certification listings. Unprotected openings in fire separations void the fire-resistance ratings of the fire separations that contain them, allowing spread of fire past the limits of the fire safety plan of the entire building.
- Fire protection for the following pipes, ABS, PVC, PP and HDPE.
- Firestopping to all service penetrations.
- Cementitous and Gypsum mortars for wall and floor opes, mortars can provide structural floor opes if nessecary.
- Fire protection to edge of floor slabs with various different products, allowances for building movement and wind load.
- Fire rated mastic joints, including joints with variable tolerences.
- Fire barrier curtains including mineral wool and cloth up 120 minutes.
- Upgrading of timber floors to give 1 hour fireprotection and excellent acoustic benefits.
, fire resistance
, fire safety
, Fire Stopping
, Intumescent Coatings
, Steel Structure