Dublin's Evening Herald reports that Damien has recorded 2 tracks with French actress Melanie Laurent.
The tracks will appear on Melanie's forthcoming album, released on 5 May.
"It's a crazy story. I went to Woodstock [over two years ago] to record the album and I was unhappy with what happened there," she recalled.
"I called my manager and asked him to call Damien Rice's manager and organise something. I didn't expect him to come, but he did, and we started to work together. I fired everyone and followed him to Ireland.
"He taught me everything about being a musician. I was a huge, huge fan, so it was weird for me to just speak with him like it's natural, when I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm speaking with Damien Rice and we're creating music together'."
For the second year in a row, Damien performed on Grafton Street in Dublin for charity, alongside our other favourite singers, Bono, Glen Hansard and many more.
I'm sure there'll be many more video clips in the days ahead, but here's the first as a special Christmas treat.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Discuss this story
Damien has a contributed a new track to a compilation benefit album to support people affected by the Gulf oil spill entitled .
The new track is called "The Connoisseur of Great Excuse" and will be available as a digital download from November 30th. Also featured on the album is Amy Kuney, who we know from her great cover of .
The full track list for the album is:
1. "Gasoline Rainbows" - Amy Kuney*
2. "Armistice" - Phoenix
3. "40 Day Dream" - Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros
4. "There's No Secret's This Year" - Silversun Pickups
5. "At The Birds Foot" - City and Colour*
6. "The Connoisseur of Great Excuse" - Damien Rice*
7. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" - The National
8. "Tighten Up" - The Black Keys
9. "Let The Time Roll By" - Onward, Soldiers
10. "Moth's Wings" - Passion Pit
11. "Floating Vibes" - Surfer Blood
12. "Mama Taught Me Better" - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
13. "I Can Change" - LCD Soundsystem
14. "Cousins" - Vampire Weekend
More information about the album is available .
Thanks to Borneoman for letting us know about .
Congratulations to everyone who's been involved in the campaign for her release!