Software requirements and approvals
All release information refers to the 32-bit version of the products, unless stated otherwise.
The Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 is required to operate the EPLAN platform. Further information and the latest version of .NET framework are available for download from the Microsoft website.
You will find .NET Framework 4.0 on your EPLAN storage medium. Switch to the following directory: cd-rom\Services\Net Framework 4.0\en_US
EPLAN recommends that a 64 bit Windows operating system is used. The EPLAN platform has been cleared for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit) Enterprise, Business N, Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit) Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Autodesk Productstream Professional 2011
- Autodesk Productstream Professional 2012
- Autodesk Vault 2011
- Autodesk Vault 2012
PLC systems (PLC & bus extension)
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.10
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.11
- Phoenix Contact PC Worx 5
- Phoenix Contact PC Worx 6
- Rockwell RSLogix professional 18
- Schneider Unity Pro 4.0
- Schneider Unity Pro 5.0
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.4 SP4
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.5
Unsupported operating systems
Windows 2000 Professional
The EPLAN Platform no longer supports the Windows 2000 Professional operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Windows 2000 Server
The EPLAN platform no longer supports the Windows 2000 Server oper¬ating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Microsoft has ceased official support for this operating system.
Note: Further information on the life cycle of operating systems is available on the Microsoft website.
Other software that is no longer supported
Interface cards for parallel dongles
Starting with Version 2.0 SP 1, the EPLAN Platform comes with a new dongle driver. Because of the enhanced technology in the new Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008), this dongle driver no longer supports interface cards (PCI cards). For this reason, interface cards for parallel dongles are no longer supported by the current version of the EPLAN Platform.
The introduction of the enhanced command set SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 2) started with the Intel Pentium 4 in 2001. In the case of AMD processors, this enhancement was introduced with the Athlon 64 in 2005. If you use a computer system from Intel, the CPU should have been manufactured after 2002. In the case of AMD processors, the CPU should be newer than 2005.
Recommended workstation configuration
- Processor: Comparable to an Intel Pentium D at 3 GHz or comparable to an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB*1Hard disk: 160 GB
- Monitor / graphics resolution: 2-screen solution 21" or 16:10 graphics system with a resolution of 1680 x 1050
- 3D display: Graphics card from ATI or Nvidia with the latest OpenGL driver
Minimum net requirements
As stated in the software requirements and performance, only operate the server with a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Net transfer rate of the server: 1 Gbits/s
- Recommended latency: < 1 ms
- Net transfer rate of the client computer: 100 Mbits/s
Minimum multi-user requirements
With regard to minimum requirements for multi-user operation, please contact EPLAN Support. We can advise you specifically according to your individual requirements.