The Eclipse Transport Team
• Our dedicated transport team is an integral part of Eclipse’s Customer Service Unit and together they work hard to provide an outstanding collection service across the UK & Ireland to meet the local needs of every individual customer.
• The UK team is led by Barbara Clark, Group Customer Service Manager, and supported by regional Transport Co-ordinators who work closely with individual laboratories to deliver a friendly and flexible collection service.
o Chatteris /Ely / Sittingbourne labs (covering the East and South East) Belinda Jackson
o Trowbridge (covering the South West) Tricia Bletsoe
o Telford / Mirfield (covering Wales, the West Midlands, the North & Scotland) Margaret Threlfall
• We understand that our drivers are key ambassadors for Eclipse and for some customers they represent the primary point of contact.
• Consequently, we go to great lengths to ensure that all of our drivers are courteous and helpful and respond promptly and considerately to the changing needs of our customers.
• We set high standards in terms of appearance and issue every driver with a smart Eclipse Scientific Group uniform.
• All drivers are fully trained when they join Eclipse and complete a series of daily checks on their vehicle and on their traceability paperwork to ensure that samples arrive back with us safely.
• Our modern vehicle fleet comprises over 40 fully refrigerated vans, all of which are replaced on a regular basis.
• Every vehicle undergoes a rigorous swabbing programme to ensure that they are cleaned to an exceptional standard to provide a safe and hygienic environment in which to transport your samples.
• All UK vans are fitted with data loggers and our new vehicle tracking system, ‘Quartix’. This system provides us with a fast efficient, ‘point and click’ source of real-time information, thus enabling us to locate our vehicles at any time and helping us to provide our customers with the best possible service.
• Every van also carries full spill kits, first aid kits and mobile phones.
• Our vans are strategically spread across the UK and Ireland providing our customers with a nationwide service that is hard to beat.