- Products - General Purpose Compost
Directions of use for:
- Creating a flower or shrub bed
- Establishing a lawn area
- Preparing the soil for roll-out turfgrass
- Cultivating soil for growing vegetables
- Reenergising tired and poor performing flower and shrub beds.
- Prepare area. Remove all grass, weeds and stones.
- Layer 5-8cm of compost on the area.
- Fork/rotovate area to a depth of 15-20cm. The Compost must be thoroughly mixed with soil.
- Rake area to finish and remove all unwanted debris. Water area after completion
The benefits of General Purpose Compost are:
- Supply of slow and stable nutrients for plants when needed
- Improved cation exchange capacity(CEC), resulting in greater uptake of nutrients
- Energises tired and poor performing soil
- Increased water holding capacity, leading to increased water uptake during dry periods
- Provides food for soil microbes which cycle nutrients and fight plant diseases
- Greater workability than regular soils
- Elevates compaction and improves drainage